Sunday, October 09, 2005

i still remember vividly the first time i awoke from death. i was in boot camp in San Diego and had little regard for worship or God in general. We were allowed to go to services for the first time in 3 weeks since being indoctrinated. i was just wanting to get away from the absolute control our Master Chief's had over us. (I still feel like everyone should have to go through boot camp or something similiar to experience a loss of freedom.) i had planned on getting a couple of packs of extra smokes after the Mass because i could make a little extra money from those who were'nt going. i filed in with a couple of buddies who were in the same boat as myself. We took up a position in the rear of the theatre (keep in mind i'm from a town of 10,000) with probably 400 to 500 other young men around us . Sure i had been baptised and recieved the Sacrements as a kid, but you see i had to when i was younger. This was different but i was just in search of an escape, i had no plans of continuing after i was out of this prison. Then it all changed, not really paying attention to anything but my person freedom i heard the entrance song start up. For the life of me i don't remember the song but I just melted. I was caught up singing for all I was worth. I walked out knowing there was a God and he is greater than anything we can create in our simple minds. How is it that so many people go through life searching for something they don't know. We die at 25 and are buried at 70 knowing less than the day we arrived. How is it I was able to receive so much that day and others never did?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

It was a plan greater than our comprehension- you are truly blessed *S*

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home