Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Hot Water......
Not so long ago never mind exactly when I discovered a minor leak in the line of the hot water heater. This was very stressful for me in that I had just removed and repaired the lines several months earlier. Once again I stepped up to the plate and told my wife I was more than capable of fixing it as I had the previous time. I had taken an easier route before of using CPVC instead of sweating in copper. I concluded I may have had a bad fitting which was married up to another piece of copper pipe. I decided to go back the same way and proceeded to remove the water heater
and clean up the damage. Fortunately it was a Saturday and I had the time to get the parts and make it all work. By the evening of the same day I had completed the task at hand and prepared to turn on the water, assuring the natives that they would all have a good hot shower tonight. Damn I'm good I thought as I turned on the valve. I proceeded to the water closet to inspect my masterpiece and rejoice in a job well done. Upon getting to the closet I noticed a small leak on the same connection I had just replaced; no problem I'll just tighten it up. When I put the wrench on the connection and turned the connection broke and instantly hit with the full pressure and everything was for not. I was instantly reminded we could have had a plumber fix it.
I proclaimed its really not that bad, we can just shower in cold water. The natives poo- pooed the idea and made plans for a hot shower elsewhere. I being right and dirty proceeded to prove that's its no big deal . Upon entering the shower I knew I had to be strong and enjoy it with all sincerity. Quiet was the key, they were all listening. The next ten minutes was the most agonizing I had ever experienced. I now know what hell will feel like. I couldn't take any less time they would know I didn't enjoy it. God has always appeared as a heat source; ie the burning bush, a pillar of fire, a consuming flame. I truly believe hell would be more like dry ice . The absence of God's burning love for us his creation. If you don't believe me just try it, I guarantee it is hell on earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home