Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Big Mouth.,.,.
One of my biggest problems has always been the subject of gossip. It almost never fails, after confessing my sins, someone or my own stupid self will entice me into talking about something or someone. Such has been my struggle for some time now until something I never could have imagined happening happened. I had partaken several times in discussing a certain female who I had heard many bad things about. It had been difficult for me to even go to this persons house knowing what I knew in my heart was true, so I thought. Events occurred and this person was divorced from her spouse whom I was sure was a saint. Within a few months, I found out this person was dating was dating my nephew. Now realize this my nephew is a great young man , not without issues of his own. Regardless, I was not really happy about this new problem that was occurring. The talk continued, wondering if he new all the bad things she had supposedly done.
Fast forward a few months "yes I said a few months" a wedding was announced and I was pretty sure he just completely flipped out. Time is said to heal all wounds and it occurs to me God has no relation to time. He transcends it and I know that in those moments of my weakness
he was shaking his head saying Doug my son don't you know me ? I knew what I was saying wasn't gospel so why was I doing that. As I watch my niece loving and caring for her kids and my nephews as her own I know that I was so wrong. God has forgiven me I just hope she can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

God has forgiven you... and with time, so will your niece... Just keep praying and keep the faith *S*

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home