Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Daddy I'm Bored ....

I just got home and my wife and older daughter were rushing out the door for Confirmation classes. My youngest daughter came and jumped on my lap and said "Daddy I'm bored and I need to get out of the house" . She has just gotten adjusted to a new class in T-1 and is feeling a little restless after finishing her homework. She asked if we could rent a movie or go to the new arcade that just opened up. I told her we would check the paper and see what's happening in this great city. After looking in the paper , we decided to go see a movie " Chicken Little" . She was really excited and we got ready quick cause it was 6:55 and the show starts at 7:00. We ran out the front door and crossed the street ( we only live 2 blocks from the theatre) hussled in the mall and down to the box window. After getting the tickets, she said she was going to pay for the drinks and popcorn and pulled out a crumpled $5. I told her she could use it for the arcade after the movie since our tab came up to $9 and she agreed. She and I thoroughly enjoyed "Chicken Little" and after the movie we tried to win a stuffed animal in the crane game at the arcade. We raced back home, got changed and read a book while sipping orange spice tea. She was definitely ready for bed and gave me a big squishee hug after prayers and thanked me for being her dad. If only every day ended like this I'd never have a care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

How precious :0) Sounds like the two of you had a wonderful evening. Those are the memories I Look back on when things aren't going so well... They make me smile and think of better days.

God Bless! :0)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Criminal Minds Fan said...

The unplanned moments with our children are usually the best. Funny how we can sometimes plan things so elaborately and they work out "fine" but when we look back at things it was the last minute things we had the most fun doing.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home