Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Wave in the Right Direction.....

I've always been accustomed to waving at other people. Living in a small town were visibility is an everyday thing and working for a public COOP, you get seen a lot. Waving sets the public aware with you and lets them know we recognize them. Recently I took a trip to update my license which required a 700 mile round trip, when I'm in my private vehicle I have a hard time remembering that I'm not in my company vehicle. To make a long story I am addicted to waving at people and sometimes things( yes I said things). I've caught myself waving at signposts or stopsigns while preoccupied with other things. On my trip I tried to not wave as to try to control my need and sure enough when I would go through a small town someone would wave and before I knew what happened I would wave back. Reflexive or ingrained I'm not sure but I know it's in me and I can't control it. We want to know the unknown and be familiar with the unfamiliar, God designed us that way, in his image and likeness. You can run but you can't hide from it, and given time you can see it others you pass on the street. Go ahead give in and wave you know you want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home