Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday !!!

I'm here to say my Lenten journey has been severely marred by my lack of focus and commitment to preparing myself for the resurrection of our Lord. Not withstanding is my failure to get to reconciliation and this will be the first Easter since Catrina and I 's marriage was blessed in Norman that I won't be receiving communion. Don't cry for me, cause I had it coming with my lack of focus. Obviously I need to step up to the plate and get back into the game with a necessary
and meaningful Act of Contrition. I have been trying to learn prayers in Latin and that may have been messing with my focus. Some would say to just ask God for the forgiveness I need and move on, but some don't realize the critical dynamics of forgiveness in this our life. My heart is obviously not in the right frame and being on call this Holy weekend has been an obvious problem. I hope that I will never be on call during Holy Week ever again. That being said, I'm copping out this year and I will once again be in communion with Christ very soon. Life comes at you fast and it is easier than ever to fall out and blame other things for your demise, as I sit with Catrina and Cara and watch the "Passion" I will pray that I will never again fall into this sloth which now envelopes my soul. Pray for me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home