Saturday, March 04, 2006

And You ARE ?!?!

Last night I went to check the two new 400 watt MH fixtures I put up over the last two afternoons at my companies north office. They were bright as I had expected as they replaced two 150 watt
HPS that didn't work with any regularity. You have to look at these things at night because it isn't dark during the day. Anyway as I was moving to different positions in the parking lot( I do admit to moving somewhat erratically as the parking lot was empty and I was looking for good angles to view aspects of my lighting job), a Ford Excursion (really massive SUV) came charging up full bore(stopping right in front of my little Malibu) and challenged me as to my intentions. Somewhat startled I fired back I'm checking my lights and pointed to the building behind me. He said who are you and why are you turning on and off your lights as you move around. I said my name and that I worked for my company and he said Oh I thought you looked familiar. I said may I ask who you are ? He stated his name and said something just didn't look right to the way I was moving about the parking lot. I smiled and well thanks for checking on things and he left.
Later as I was praying the rosary I just had a terrible time concentrating because of that incident. Problem is that everything was OK so why was I so bothered by that? He in my opinion was genuinely concerned that something was up ( as he is a business owner) and I had every reason to be doing what I was doing in checking my lights for the company even though I wasn't on the clock at that hour (10 pm).
My dilemma is that I have a hard time dealing with the fact that someone was thinking ill of me.
My perception of myself is fundamentally rooted in my anal nature to assure myself everyone is happy with me. I suppose that is why I have such a hard time trying to figure what my pastor has it in for me. After confession at the conference I really felt excellent and good about everything, so why have I not resolved this issue( a major one)? I've been freed by the power of Christ's Church on earth so why hasn't the other end tied itself up? Hearts need time for conversion and that process is complicated so for now the drive is still a welcome thing. By the way I still feel lucky that it is only 40 miles to another Catholic Church, I would hope I could be happy about driving 1000 miles for "Heaven on Earth".
God Bless

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home