Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Lamb's Supper

One of the books I got for myself at the conference was "The Lamb's Supper" by Scott Hahn. He is an intrigue to me because A: he was a successful Presbyterian minister B: gave it all up to join the Church and C is a magnificent speaker and writer. I heard his conversion story shortly after we moved back here and was moved beyond myself at the level of intelligence and honesty he brought to the plate. The first book of his I read was " A Father Who Keeps His Promises" which fundamentally deals with God's Promise as kept in covenants( excellent book). I have wanted for a long time to read "The Lambs Supper" as it deals with the intertwined Mass and Revelation and so far has not disappointed me ( I really don't figure disappointment and Hahn even come close to ever being used together). Most cradle Catholics can't come close to realizing the serious and detailed nature of the Mass. I, as a cradle Catholic, really haven't been able to separate the routine
out of the celebration and focus intensely as I desire in the coming weeks, months and eternity on the Mass. So much is there happening before our very eyes, ears, nose, touch and taste that only a fervent desire to have "Church" as John does in revelation will truly bring one to the fullness of the truth.
We went to Mass in Liberal, KS. at St. Anthony's and I was able to start Cracking open my senses asI truly desire but so much more work on my part is needed. Father Tony did a fantastic job at celebrating the Mass and I feel blessed to be able fully appreciate my being there. I feel like finding the desert that our Lord was pushed into and spending a lifetime there.
We watched "Therese" the movie which received no press( obvious reasons) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I can find the desire to emulate her as I feel close to her type of personality.
I definitely recommend a viewing as it is truly a masterpiece that most will never here of.