Saturday, April 08, 2006

Exile .......

My self made exile has been difficult but also fulfilling. I realize and I'm sure Catrina does that at some point we will go back and end this. My hope that things will resolve themselves and our priest would come talk with us about what happened have all gone out the window. It seems to me after talking with a dear friend that I must take the step of going in and talking on his terms. My fear is that he feels he did nothing wrong and I am bothered increasingly by what is supposedly floating around about our departure. I know that shouldn't bother me but I respect many in my faith community and to date (almost 3 months) only a handful have even called to see what's up.
We dearly love going to Liberal to St. Anthony's and if it weren't for the drive and the fact we really can't contribute as parishioners should (3 T's) then we'll have to work things out here in Guymon. We have been praying the rosary on the way over there and that really prepares you for the Mass. Catrina and I are closer than we have ever been and I feel that this was definitely the best thing that could have happened considering the circumstances.
I only really have one major vice I'm still dealing with which is my love of eating. One of these days I will figure out how to die to self and put aside my desires for gluttony. I honestly don't know how our Lord pulled off forty days of fasting, that's definitely spells Divine in my book.
My swim workouts have gone by the wayside and I hope within the next few days to get them going full strength. Prayer is the only hope now as I feel my need for staying in shape slipping under the mat. I hope I can look back on this episode in my life and see where I stepped off the curb and out into the street full of Mack trucks. God will provide answers in time and right now as far as I know I still have a couple of days. "KNOW GOD no regrets" short and to the point.