Thursday, November 24, 2005

Flaming Golf Balls!!!!!

So far this week has been real busy and work has gone late most nights causing me to not have time to get on. With the Advent( no pun intended) of Thanksgiving things have been really busy and my wife has been prepping the house for a usual suspect. My eldest son came home this evening and everything was fluffed and primped for his arrival. My younger son was at work when he arrived and although they talk several times a day they were going to go out and listen to some music and talk when he got off. My daughters were by the way greatly anticipating( giddy with extasism would cover it better) his arrival as they miss him so much. To apise there time( we rarely watch any TV) we played mario party and set it for 45 turns (a long time!!). Once he arrived we had shouts of glee and rejoicing from both Mom and daughters and our Thanksgiving had officially begun. Later we finished our long game and went to bed . The homecoming son son stayed up and watched some TV while waiting for my other son to come home from work. With peace and contentment in the air I fell asleep next to my better half. My youngest son then woke me up and bade me to come to the door, Uh !!! Its 1:30 AM 24Nov05 sleepily I got up and proceeded to the door. A police officer was standing just outside and I knowing him greeted him and asked him in . "Come on in I said" my boys now flanking me in an odd moment of unknown authority. "Sorry to bother you under these circumstances but we need to talk" he said as he came in , " I found these two out at the lake and saw a paint can next to the vehicle and I was concerned they might be huffing " "upon asking the driver (my younger) if it was his he denied it " . He proceeded to check the car and found the cap to the paint can ( its a tough thing to be caught in a lie, especially when its the law). He had my older son drive back to the house as he was sure my younger son was drunk or something Conclusions can be more readily drawn when a lie has already occurred. Here is where I'm standing, the officer tells my younger son he could have arrested him for being out passed curfew( 18 and younger) but since he knows me decided to let me handle it. After thanking him for not doing what he could have and wishing him a good thanksgiving I sat down and had a conversation with my boys. To sum it up they thought it would be cool to douse a golf ball with spray paint light it on fire and drive it into the lake. I trust my boys like no other and give them a lot of leeway but there is a burn ban and they lied about the incident to the police. Owning up to any problem is most of the battle, confession is key in this world and without it your out. Respecting authority is fundamental and waying consequences before actions is key,
but driving a flaming golfball is impossible due to physics and the nature of fire. God gives us free will and a whole lot of leeway but it is probably best to keep the ball on the fairway.
Happy Thanksgiving

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home