Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Crucible of the Heart......

I just finished writing a letter to members of my parish council outlining the reasons for removing my family from the parish. My heart pains me terribly and I had hoped for some kind of resolution but the council headed by our pastor would not here it. We had tried to discuss the matters in private but that was denied. Several council members told us that they missed us and thought we should come before the council. We have been going to a parish almost an hour away because we thought maybe it was just us. Although we have been accepted already at the other parish we have helped put a lot into this parish and we are devastated to leave. We are still devoutly Catholic and will always be in Communion with the Church and our Brothers and Sisters in our own town, just not welcome by our pastor. Prayer is the only answer at this point ....................

1 Comments:

Blogger Chloe' Gardner said...

Doug- I am SO sorry to hear that... My heart breaks for you. About 8 years ago, a priest came into our church that had everyone "snowed" but me. I knew it wasn't right, but just I got a bad feeling from him. I prayed about it- and it didn't take long for others to see what I had seen.

I had been in the same church since birth, and at age 20 my family and I left. It was very hurtful, but we couldn't worship under those circumstances. We went to a much larger church for nearly 3 years. It was a great church, but it wasn't the same.

The Lord sent us a wonderful priest that we have now, Father Harry. We couldn't ask for a better priest. He brought us back to our wonderful little church.

I will be praying for you and your family. I hope all will work out for the best. I know He has a plan for you. :0)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home